News: November 2007 Archives
Signup for our newsletter to stay up to date on all of the news about The Weblog Awards and get details on the 2008 edition.
Special thanks to all of the volunteers that help with The Weblog Awards. Thanks to all of you! We couldn't put on an event of this magnitude without their help.
Winners should send an e-mail to winners at weblogawards dot org to receive their customized winners logo (please indicate the size you require) and information on obtaining their free admission to the Blog World & New Media Expo. Please indicate the category you won and the name of your site.
Rating: 4.3/5 (19 votes cast)
- Polls close November 8, 2007.
- You may vote once every 24 hours in each poll. *
- After voting in an individual poll you will be locked out from voting again in that poll (on the computer you voted from) for 24 hours.
- Each poll has its own separate 24 hour lockout control. Voting in, for example, Best Blog will not lock you out of voting in other categories.
- Vote totals are not final until certified.
- Vote totals are subject to periodic correction for identified cheating.
- Cheaters will be banned from the site.
- We reserve the right to close some or all polls earlier than the posted end date.
Rating: 3.9/5 (74 votes cast)
Here is a complete list of the finalists for The 2007 Weblog Awards. Finalists badges (hosted by Imageshack) will be available Thursday. Voting is scheduled to begin Thursday evening. Links are being added to this listing, it's just lower priority than getting the poll links all finished...
I'd like to thank my team of volunteers who helped look through the thousands and thousands of nominations to come up with, in my opinion, the best top to bottom slate of finalists we've ever had. Even the new categories feature strong slates. I'm really happy with the mix in the international categories and the topic area categories where we were able to get a good selection of sub-genres in a particular category. Thanks first and foremost goes to Weblog Award readers who did an excellent job nominating, but the work the my judging crew did was really outstanding thankless work. Cheers to them!
Note: Best Blog, Best Liberal Blog, and Best Conservative Blog originally had 12 entries each. We thought that our new polls would support more than 10 finalists, but we've had to revert to the 10 finalist limit. They six finalists removed were moved into their respective ecosystem categories as finalists.
Rating: 3.9/5 (15 votes cast)